SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Doctoral degree and experience in qualitative and quantitative research, data analysis and writing in international relations
- Data analysis: statistics and network science (using Excel, NodeXL, and Python in both Google Colab and Jupyter).
- Expert in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (as well as their equivalents in Google Drive and LibreOffice) as well as communications applications Slack, Zoom, and Skype
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Dress For Success, Career EDGE Program, September 2020 – Present, Town of Brookhaven, Farmingville, NY Career Advancement Certificate Program
- IBM Introduction to Data Science, April 2020, edX Verified Certificate Program
- WordPress Basics, January 2015, Women’s Coding Collective Course
Ph.D. student/candidate, 2002 – 2012, Graduate Center/CUNY, New York, NY
- Wrote and deposited the dissertation The Structure of Transnational Security Networks in January 2012, studying complex system-level political connections for the purpose of informing policy in both traditional security and human security.
- Designed and implemented a research and data collection plan; created and cleaned four datasets (in Excel) from open source data for networks in two case studies: nuclear nonproliferation and humanitarian aid in the Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004 using statistical and quantitative social network analysis methods in UCINET and visualized using NetDraw, ORA-LITE, and Mage (kinemage) software.
- Presented three workshops on “Introduction to Network Analysis” for Graduate Center students and faculty.
- Published five peer reviewed articles in open access archives at the Political Networks Archive and the Social Science Research Network; published book chapter “Global Governance as International Organization” (as co-author) in Global Governance, with Thomas G. Weiss, edited by J. Whitman, (Palgrave “Advances” series, 2009).
President and Founder, GeoLyceum, LLC, Brookhaven, NY, 2016 – 2020
- Consulting on monitoring of policy implementation and evaluation of results including analysis of U.S. foreign policy and statistical analysis of U.S. Census data and international trade and migration data as pertains to Long Island’s politics and economy.
- Grantwriting and administration including network analyses of partners and stakeholders.
Lecturer, Suffolk County Community College, Brentwood, NY, September 2019 – Present, St. Joseph’s College, Patchogue, NY, September 2018 – Present
- Taught courses in International Relations Theory, Law, and Organizations; State and Local Politics and Government; and World Politics. Designed course curricula aligned with college standards, formative and summative assessments, excellent peer teaching evaluations.
VP for Content and Product Development, 2006 – 2017, Senior Editor and Editor for Content, WorldView Software, Inc., Hicksville, NY
- Developed monthly evidence-based analyses of website traffic and social media engagement trends for product development and marketing using Google Analytics as well as in-product analytics from social media platforms.
- Agile software development using the scrum framework. Designed in PowerPoint and HTML/CSS an accessible web-based graphical user interface (GUI) for digital textbooks aimed at high school and middle school readers. Edited award-winning product line.
Research Associate, 2004 – 2006, United Nations Intellectual History Project, Ralph Bunche Institute for International Studies, New York, NY
- Contributed portions of the final book (Global Governance and the UN: An Unfinished Journey, by Thomas G. Weiss and Ramesh C. Thakur, Indiana University Press: 2010) having to do with the Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004.
Teacher of English as a Second Language, 1995, High School Vasil Karageorzov, Yambol, Bulgaria
Intern, 1990, Andrew Bennett (Labour), Member of Parliament, London, UK
Ph.D., Political Science, CUNY Graduate Center, New York, NY
M.B.A., General Management, Dowling College, Oakdale, NY
M.A., International Relations & International Communications, Boston University, Boston, MA
B.A., Political Science, Boston University, Boston, MA